Thursday 11 December 2014

Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi receive Nobel award in Oslo.


Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani girl-education advocate was today presented with the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, Norway. The teenage girl who survived an assassination attempt by the Taliban in 2012, has been celebrated around the world for her advocacy on education for girls. Ms Yousafzai the youngest person ever to win the Peace prize, was awarded for her ability to promote and protect girls' right to education. She share the Prize with Indian child's rights campaigner Kailash Satyarthi.
  
Malala, 17-year-old, was accompanied by several teenage girls from Pakistan, Nigeria, and Syria to Oslo. She acknowledged their presence during her speech today, In her words; "I tell my story not because it is unique but because it is not. It is the story of many girls. Today, I tell their stories too. I have brought with me some of my sisters from Pakistan, from Nigeria, and from Syria who share this story... This award is not just for me. It is for those forgotten children who want education. It is for those frightened children who want peace. It is for those voiceless children who want change. I am here to stand up for their rights, to raise their voice. It is not time to pity them."
Good girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment