Monday 29 September 2014

Cursive Writing: Still a trend?




I remember back in the days when I receive a letter from my grandmother, it was purely written in cursive handwriting. It fascinated me how she could twist and turn alphabets around in such designs. Hoping and wishing to learn the craft someday because to me it’s a sign of adulthood. I think in my Nan’s generation, it must have been the only way they knew how to write.

What we have now is an era of very legible stand-alone writings and not cursive. The emergence of different fonts on computers has switched the craft for the easy way out. The only time you see cursive writings are on certificates made for special occasion and events.

 I wonder what happened to the act of learning handwriting in schools? 

No comments:

Post a Comment