Tuesday 23 June 2015

Angelique Kidjo's rendition of Bob Marley's 'Redemption Song'

I had goose bumps watching Angelique Kidjo do her rendition of this great Bob Marley's reggae song...Not only did she give her flavour to it but also spiced it more with the African choir in the background.

Kidjo wrote on her Facebook page dedicating the song to those who lost their lives in the Charleston killings. She wrote "A few weeks ago I discovered Rev. Clementa Pinckney in the PBS documentary called The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross. He was speaking beautifully about the struggles that African American had to experience again and again during the entire American history.
I could never have imagined that not long after he would be killed in Charleston just because he was part of this community.
My heart goes to all the families affected by this tragedy. I dedicate my version of "Redemption Song" to them."

No comments:

Post a Comment