Monday 13 April 2015

Tuedon Morgan First Nigerian Woman to run North Pole Marathon 2015.

Tuedon Morgan (Tee) is the first Nigerian woman to proudly fly the Nigerian flag after a finished race at The Uvu North Pole Marathon 2015. Fifty competitors from 19 different countries matched themselves in the extreme weather in the marathon. Morgan 41, ran for the National Black Marathoner Association and was proud to place the Nigerian flag at the finishing line.
The mother of four said "at some point, I thought I was not going to make it but I'm grateful to God for this opportunity....its -41 today, hard conditions...."
Snipers were around the running circuit for safety reasons and to protect athletes from any polar bear attack.
More photos after the cut..






In Tee's words; "I placed the Nigerian flag on the north pole. No Nigerian has ever step foot on the pole. I became the first Nigerian to achieve this. You pick your flag when you cross the finish line and that kept me going. The last 4km were the worst. I had soft snow up to my knee. I really thought I wasn't going to make it. But I know am not one to give up. I fight and fight till the end. I learnt new things about myself. This is by far the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life."

Go girl! You have done us proud!..Waoh!! ...Just Waoh!



No comments:

Post a Comment