Monday 20 April 2015

Calls for Columnist Katie Hopkins's removal

The controversial British journalist Katie Hopkins is facing so much condemnation for comparing migrants to "cockroaches" over the recent mishap of migrants crossing the Mediterranean sea.

The Sun columnist wrote in the Sun on Friday saying “No, I don’t care. Show me pictures of coffins, show me bodies floating in water, play violins and show me skinny people looking sad. I still don’t care.
"Because in the next minute you’ll show me pictures of aggressive young men at Calais, spreading like norovirus on a cruise ship … These two populations are the same. The migrants harassing Brit truckers at the port are the same as the vagrants making the perilous trip across the Med.”

The media personality's comments has caused public outrage and incited complaints to the press regulator. Petitions to “remove Katie Hopkins as a columnist” as at Monday evening has passed its target of 200,000 signatures.

I think we have to know when to actually say things..There is so much bad news happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment