Monday 16 March 2015

Where are you sugar addicts like me??Get in here!

As you all know I have been weaning myself off sugar lately, I try to steer clear from things that would make me have sugar rush...So I'd deal with cravings by eating a fruit or drinking tea to hydrate myself.
According to Graham MacGregor, Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine at the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Barts and The London Hospital said; ‘Added sugar in our diet is a very recent phenomenon and only occurred when sugar, obtained from sugar cane, beet and corn, became very cheap to produce. ‘It’s a completely unnecessary part of our calorie intake: it has no nutritional value, gives no feeling of fullness and is acknowledged to be a major factor in causing obesity and diabetes both in the UK and worldwide.’

In addition, the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends no more than 10 cubes a day.

So what category do you belong in the picture?

Culled from MetroUK

No comments:

Post a Comment