Wednesday 4 February 2015

Taofick Okoya's Queens of Africa outsells Barbie

The first time I saw Taofick Okoya on TV talking about his dolls, I paused to listen and I said to myself that the idea would take him places. After a while, I wondered why its taking long to see the commercials everywhere and voila!! He's finally out with a bang. His dolls has outsold Barbie, selling up to 9,000 units a month with an astounding 15 per cent of Nigeria's toy market.

Taofick said in an interview with elle.com that among many demands, he gets orders from countries like Brazil, Ivory Coast, Europe and America. He still feels his brand is yet to make it. According to him "until it reaches every child of African decent all over the world and is a symbol of pride by making them appreciate who they are as an African."

Well said!

More pictures after the cut;


                                 








No comments:

Post a Comment